Posts filed under ‘Cricket’
It was a super sunday and Deccan were playing in there own yard and MI’s away game
But after looking at the crowd It felt that MI is playing at home.
there were around 55,000 people waiting, cheering for GOD to deliver goods this time as well.
MI started well, sachin flick shot by moving across the stump to RP singh was worth watching
Well It was again a superlative innings from a little master.
He has achieved so much in cricket, but still I wonder how the hell he carries the same enthuism everytime he goes to bat.I think its the passion about the game, Its the respect about the game. Desire to be at the top, Hunger to be successful.
After all his achivements he still stays humble down to earth person. Youngstars will always cherish this moment to learn more from him. He is the biggest superstar, Superhuman on the earth.
Sachin tendulkar u little beauty. Keep going and keep roaring.
GOD wanted to play cricket, so sachin was born.
To all who idolize and Envy the Genius named “SACHIN TENDULKAR”……..
“Nothing bad can happen to us if we’re on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it.”
- Hashim Amla, the South African batsman, reassures himself as he boards a flight.
“Sometimes you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job.”
- Yaseer Hameed in pakistani newspaper.
“To Sachin, the man we all want to be”
- Andrew Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin.
“Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don’t know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives.”
- BBC on Sachin
“Tuzhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai?”
- Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq when the latter dropped Sachin’s catch in 2003 WC.
Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal.
- Brian Charles Lara
“We did not lose to a team called India…we lost to a man called Sachin.”
- Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997)
“The more I see of him the more confused I’m getting to which is his best knock.”
- M. L. Jaisimha
“The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility – all make for a one-in-a-billion individual,”
- Glen McGrath
“I can be hundred per cent sure that Sachin will not play for a minute longer when he is not enjoying himself. He is still so eager to go out there and play. He will play as long as he feels he can play,”
- Anjali Tendulkar
“Even my father’s name is Sachin Tendulkar.”
- Tendulkar’s daughter, Sara, tells her class her father’s name after the teacher informs them of a restaurant of the same name in Mumbai.
Question: Who do you think as most important celebrity ?
Shah Rukh Khan: There was a big party where stars from bollywood and cricket were invited. Suddenly, there was a big noise, all wanted to see approaching Amitabh Bachhan. Then Sachin entered the hall and Amitabh was leading the queue to get a grab of the GENIUS!!
- Shah Rukh Khan in an interview.
“India me aap PrimeMinister ko ek Baar Katghare me khada kar sakte hain..Par Sachin Tendulkar par Ungli nahi utha Sakte.. “
– Navjot Singh Sidhu on TV
He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also.
- Waqar Younis
‘I Will See God When I Die But Till Then I Will See Sachin’
- A banner in Sharjah
Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world. I was bowling to Sachin and he hit me for two fours in a row. One from point and the other in between point and gully. That was the last two balls of the over and the over after that we (SA) took a wicket and during the group meeting i told Jonty (Rhodes) to be alert and i know a way to pin Sachin. And i delivered the first ball of my next over and it was a fuller length delevery outside offstump. And i shouted catch. To my astonishment the ball was hit to the cover boundary. Such was the brilliance of Sachin. His reflex time is the best i have ever seen. Its like 1/20th of a sec. To get his wicket better not prepare. Atleast u wont regret if he hits you for boundaries.
- Allan Donald
“Sachin cannot cheat. He is to cricket what (Mahatma) Gandhiji was to politics. It’s clear discrimination. “
- NKP Salve, former Union Minister when Sachin was accused of ball tempering
There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others.
- Andy Flower
“I have seen god, he bats at no.4 for India”
- Mathew Hayden
The best one.
On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India!!
- Peter Rebouck – Aussie journalist
he really is god of cricket………
he is rare ” kohinoor heera “ of INDIA……
Well, there are lot of cricketers, who came in made an early inroads, got stardoms and got disappeared, it’s like a Cinderella’s fairytale in Indian cricket.
Well we are not talking about the Uttapa’s or Rohit sharma’s or Ishant sharma’s. I am talking about Ajit Agarkar, Man who has the record of fastest 50 scored by an Indian. Man who has the 2nd fastest 50 wickets in ODI’s. He has uncanny ability of taking lot of wickets, by conceding runs. But it unfair to say only he concede lot of runs, you should keep him out of Indian team. Look at Ishant sharma kind of phase he is in within 1 year of international cricket, whenever he comes and bowl to a batsmen it looks like you are guaranteed to see atleast 2-3 boundaries in that over.
Ajit Agarkar is the totally forgotten by Indian selectors now, then focusing on youth rather than the experienced guy like agarkar, who has 288 ODI wickets to his name more than Kapil dev I guess. His encomy was on higher times at those times, but 6 an over is almost unacceptable and team chase down 300 plus targets within no time.
Ajit has a good bouncers which can surprise batsmen along with his pace. Man he is 30+ still bowls speeds better than Ishant’s or any other bowler in the Indian circit now.
He is very good middle lower down batsmen and got a ability to make runs and he showed that in many occasion, one in Lords test that Indian lost, there he scored a century , even great little Sachin tendulkar deprived of. He scored a match winning innings on hell lot of occasions even in ranji’s.
How can we forget his match winning bowling performance in Sydney test where he picked 6 Aussies wickets, where the wicket was conducive for Spin bowling
Look at Zaheer he become wiser by age. Earlier he used to bowl all over the place but now he is 30+ and form of his life.
Indian selectors must give him a last chance, when they can give Rahul a chance why can’t Ajit. Look at the way he performed in the Ranji throphy final with 7 wicket haul.
All the best Ajit, I still feel you have a guts to make it to Indian team
Well, It’s shouldn’t happen :) , Sachin retiring from cricket is the worst thing, I can ever imagine in my life. I pray god to give him power to play many more years to come. I would like to see him sharing dressing room with his son.
Well, we are not here to talk about Sachin tendulkar’s retirement.
I am big fan of cricket India, used to watch all the match with gluing myself to television, but for the first time, I felt there is nothing interesting happening in tri nation series in Bangladesh. Am I missing something? How can be feel cricket is getting bore to me? I am losing interest in cricket. Well, then hundred of questions lingered in my mind and I kept answering few of them. Is it due to too much cricket which being played now days? Every alternate day you will find some or the other match? Is cricket is just becoming like any other Movie channels or like any other daily soaps? Well finally I got an answer J , cricket was found wanting due to Sachin’s absence. There are days when people used to switch off there television when he used to get out. Now people say there are many youngsters and blaaa blaaaa, but still I can’t imagine Indian cricket without Sachin. He is a charismatic cricketer, He brings smile to 100 million people when ever he goes to bat. Everyone forgets there pain in life while watching Sachin bat. He’s such a rockstar in this nation and world-wide. Without Sachin I felt cricket boring and I didn’t even saw the final properly, that’s the impact the little genius has on Indian and world cricket. TRP ratings of neo cricket might have came down all time low :)
Hey I been following Pakistan cricket for while now and I was hugely impressed by this little kid on the blocks. He bat’s similar to his brother kamaran, but has bit more aggressive and like to take risks.
Well I was disappointed with pakistan didn’t able to sydney test, If Umar might have sticked around for a little while, then they might have won the test and It might have done the young little kid’s confidence loads of good.
Its wrong to compare him with great little master blaster, but Umar at this little age able to play so many match winning innings like one he played in newzealand where the pitches are awful for the batsmen, but this kid showed lot of courage at this age. I think He is the one for the future. I know most of you don’t agree with me. But still I feel Umar can become next sachin tendulkar. all the best Umar
India on Thursday Paid price for being to aggressive. It all started with Virendar Shewag smashing Tim Southee for 3 sixes in very first over.
India have often been accused of making slow starts to overseas tours, but no one can make that accusation this time – their first 11 balls in New Zealand went for 25 runs. Unfortunately for India, they got too greedy – the short boundaries at the AMI Stadium in Christchurch offered a temptation few of their batsmen could resist.
No one actually showed the patience to stick at the wicket and place through all the overs. If it wouldn’t have been Suresh Raina, India Team might have had the worse start to their NewZealand tour.
Team India need to Think about following things
1. T20 is not always bang bang game.
2. Bring in Ravindra Jadeja in place of Rohit Sharma as his off spiners will be effective.
3. Have a settle start for 5 overs then start bang bang.
In case u liked this article leave a comment
There should be a proper communication between the curator and the pitch community, they should discuss with the captain reagrding the kind of wicket he need.
The kind of craze T20 has brought in there is no use of making this kind of wicket and people will lose interest on test matches which is said to be a true test of character.
Highlight of this test were.
1. The amazing pace at which shewag scored the triple century.
2. Reborn of Neil Meckenzie
3. Lot Improved Hashim Amla
4. Pathetic fielding by Indians
anything u need to add other than this. kindly send in ur comments.
1. This was in a match btw india and sa.. umpire rudi kuertzen caughton camera sporting a rare smile. harsha commented….”last time rudi kuerzten smiled there was peace in west asia“
2. This is again from the natwest trophy final..When yuvraj got out ata very crucial stage..harsha’s one liner..” Yuvraj singh will realize that this will be his longest walk bak tothe pavillion “
3. When Sachin once got out to a lollypop offspinner (I guess it wasMichael Vaughn) in ‘02.He wonderfully said, ” Oh what a shame. It was reminiscent of asoldier who survived the war when all the bullets were flying by hisnose and then got run over by a bicycle in his native town .”
4. ind vs aus 2000 icc knockout champioship played in kenya. (yuvi’sdebut)Sachin was smasing all aussie bowlers, and then he his a superb offdrive off lee.harsha : ” this innings by tendulkar has been a beautiful garden, thelast shot being the most beautiful flower in it “
5. ind vs nzl. (in nzl 2002-2003) sehwag had MANY lucky escapes. whenhe was dropped once again.harsha : ” its been that kind of a day. today sehwag can walkblindfolded across a busy highway and not get runover .”
6. Natwest Final:During Naser Hussain’s mistimed hits/top edges on his way to hismaiden hundred ” Naser Hussain is trying desperately hard to findinnovative ways of getting himself out”
7. in the same match… ” if you are not watching this segmentof play, don’t ever call yourself a cricket lover anymore. you arewatching cricket of a very high order here”.
8. Here’s n old one…at perth Adam Gilchrist took a blinder andhe described Gilly’s dive thus, ” … some of the sea-gulls flyinghere are going to get a complex.”
9. when tendulkar got a hundred he said” touch of Class & stamp of Authority “
10. recently in india’s tour of south africa…he blurted outsuddenly after sreesanth’s antiques with the bat and hips…” dis isthe funniest thing u’ll ever watch on a cricket field”…!!
11. When Smith dropped Sachin in the 2nd TestGraeme Smith would be hoping that the world under his feetopens up & he would find a crevice large enough for him to slipthrough….
12. After india lost the recent test series in SAIndia lost the series because they surprised themselves by winning the1st test . A win should never be a surprise .
13. After Anil Kumble scored his maiden Ton…this is what our greatman had to say…” This is the most romantic moment in Indian Cricket…..”
14. ” The last time Billy gave lbw , Berlin wall was not there ,there was peace in Afganistan,……………….”
16. Harsha was hosting the ICC Awards before the T20 World Cup and hecalled on Jonty Rhodes to present an award.So as Jonty began climbing down the stairs, Harsha exclaimed, ”it’spretty unusual to see Jonty walk down the stairs, I thought he mightslide down them !”
17. when the wickets were falling in a heap in the T20 match…THIS SERIES IS SPONSERED BY KFC AND THE WICKETS ARE FALLING FASTERTHAN THEIR (KFC’s) DELIVERIES….
18. when Gambhr was dropped twice on consecutive deliveries, – ” Weshould conduct a dream job in Australia & the winner will get to standin the slip region!!!!!!”
19. When Kumble and Ishant were batting, Hussey dropped a catch ofIshant off the bowling of Johnson and Harsha exclaimed,” It’s autumnin Adelaide. It’s the time when leaves change their colour and theystart dropping. Here, as well the catches are dropping..”.
20. In a match, dravid left a ball alone while batting. To thisgavaskar, who was commenting alongside harsha was very impressed bythe way he left the ball. He went on appreciating that for a minute orso. After this harsha’s comment was, ” Sunny, you nearly got an orgasmof happiness, didn’t u!” & then both burst out into laughter!
21. dhoni is battin with anil kumble.. dhoni calls for a tightsingle,n harsha has this to say,” dhoni scrambles for a single ncauses anil kumble n all of his 37 yrs to rush to the other end..”
22. after shaun tait did not live up to the hype Cricket Australiacreated around him, ponting took him off the attack.harsha, in his own inimitable style:’shaun tait should go up to ponting and say ” hello mr ponting, myname is shaun tait, and i am supposed to take 45 wickets in this testmatch “
23. HB was analysing the innings of laxman…laxman made a crucial79 in the second innings.HB said something like- ” aussies must be feeling that wenever we areon the verge of 17th,this man(laxman) comes in between!”
24. RP SIngh walked in but it was Laxman on strike. So the Aussieswanted him to take a single and get RP on strike… so they spread outthe field completely, with only the keeper, one slip and one gullyinside the 30 yard circle..That’s when Harsha says ..”now suddenly, Don Bradman is batting out there in the middle… “
25. Seeing the flock of seagulls flying across the pitch Harshatells Wasim Akram : ” As you would say in Punjabi… kee gull hai? seagull hai!!! “
26. when michael clarke was caught at slip off kumble , he was stillwatin 4 da decision , over this harsha said, ” i think he is waitinfor tomorrow’s newspaper to declare him out”
27. Yuvraj hit the long six off brett lee went outside the stadiumin durban‘are there people working late in the office there……. we wantthe ball back’27. in t-20 gayle hit a monstrous six but but fell just short of thegolf course outside the stadiumharsha: ” wat a poor shot just misses the golf course “
28. ” if i cannot be tendulkar then tendulkar can also not be me “
29. the palyers told their favourite shots while coming on tobat….Collingwood said “a little nurdle of the pads” and Pietersen saidblocking the ball….Harsha commented ” the next thing they’ll say is that their favouriteshot is to leave the ball alone”
30. what an introduction to India Australia semifinal: ” This is abattle between unstoppable force against immovable object “
Monday it was shocker to hear Indian hockey team didn’t qualified for the Olympics, me being a great hockey fan following it from years too got disappointed then thought why is happening Indian Hockey Team has not own a medal its been ages now.
There are plenty of things that comes in mind reagrding all this but i love to say our Hockey team players are still the best in the world the kind of stick work they show is still the best.
Only thing they need is confidence and popularise Indian Hockey in small Town as well to get new rare talents which are in plenty in India only thing is we need to exploit them
See Indian cricket if a player Hits a six he will be getting Lakh ruppess and more.
Now a days people started thinking if i am not a part of Indian team then atleast i can be part of ICL or IPL and can earn lot of money but Think about our Hockey players they get only 1000 ruppees if they score goal compare to Lakh rupees got by a crickter.
Instead of playing blame game on IHF or Indian Hockey team let us encourage our hard working players to win major tournaments. Before closing on this blog i again wish to say please get some help from Dhanraj pillay the power house of Indian Hockey.
Hope u like the column, any feedbacks or comments will be help me in future to improve on writing more..
It was shocking to see Indian Hockey Team didn’t even qualify for the Olympics. It wasn’t shocking news for me as it was bound to happen one day, Post Dharnraj Pillay Era of Indian Hockey is pathetic and the way he was made to sit out of national team is even worse.
I don’t to put blame on Indian Hockey Team as they have some to talented players. there is to much politics going on in IHF, players like viren kept out.
Modern Hockey has changed a lot earlier they used to do lot of stick work, I still feel indians or best at it, but modern Hockey needs long passes and lot of running and co-ordination that indian team lacks.
Now the question about how to make Indian team better
Either go with Dhanraj Pillay as Coach as he understands better and played lot of Hockey and i still feel he is the best forward in the world till date.
or go with foriegn coach as the way they approach the game is different and they bring in lot of changes into traditional Indian Hockey.
Lastly there is no need to Panic as Even Indian Cricket team got exited from WorldCup 2007 in first round then now everything got changed they defeated Australia in thier own backyard that no other team has done before.
They lost only to Great-Britain everything lost but no need to panic carvalho is good coach and he had potential but do take help from other seniors like Dhanraj pillay to make Indian Hockey to regain it’s past glory and pride.
Hope many may argue with this post but that’s what i felt….