Aamir Khan’s Taare Zameen Par
I remember earlier this year SRK made a statement: ‘films are for entertainment; messages are for post offices.’ Well Aamir Khan has proved that cinema is probably the best medium for giving a message and I can say that looking at the face of every person in the cinema hall. Not only that, he has proved (yet again!) that a message can be entertaining.
Behold bollywood bigshots, Aamir the director has arrived. With just one film, he has set the bar higher than most of you can only dream of reaching.
I know only Aamir can make a film like Taare. But let us assume he did not make it (dream on!). What would the film have been like?
If Karan Johar made Taare
- Obvious starcast:
- Shah Rukh Khan as the arts teacher (duh duh duh!!).
- Aryan Khan as the dyslexic child (even if he could not act for nuts).
- Rani Mukerjee as the kid’s mom (assuming Kajol is unavailable).
- Abhishek Bachchan as the kid’s dad.
- Amitabh Bachchan as the school principal (who cares if the role is ultra minute, he can afford it).
- It would be shot in New York to appeal to the NRI audience.
- The story line would obviously be different. SRK would fall for the dyslexic kid’s mom. The last scene would have the mom running to the teacher rather than the kid. And again, like in so many other movies, SRK would get someone else’s girl.
- It would have one dance number.
- The film would be titled ‘Kuch Taare Zameen
Entry filed under: bollywood.